Apple Computer
View Thread
 Print Thread
Joe Kriz
#1 Print Post
Posted on 02/14/06 - 04:19 PM

Site Owner

Photo Album

I intend on sending out PM's when necessary to remind everyone about Software Updates and any important news on Apple Software or Hardware.

Send me a PM (Private Message) and I will sign you up on the Apple User Group list.

The PM's that I send out will notify you of any updates that you need to be aware of along with any new things from Apple that you might be interested in.

You can also ask questions about Apple Computers in this Apple Forum area.
I will try and answer your questions as quick as possible.

Edited by Joe Kriz on 02/14/06 - 04:30 PM
Joe Kriz

sue
#2 Print Post
Posted on 02/16/06 - 03:56 PM

Hey Coho- This is cool. Hey, I have an email address now. It's sierrasue@sisqtel.net
I know how to check it through the squirrel mail, but can I have a little postage stamp icon on the desktop for mine too? latah!

Joe Kriz
#3 Print Post
Posted on 02/16/06 - 04:52 PM

Site Owner

Photo Album

Great Sue... How long has it been? Smile

Yes, you can add another account in your 'Mail' settings.
Open up Mail, go to Preferences, then click on Accounts.
Click the + sign at the bottom and add your new account information.

You should be good to go with your new email address.
You and Dan will now have your own email boxes. This way, you won't have to look through each others mail to find yours...

Joe Kriz

Joe Kriz
#4 Print Post
Posted on 02/24/06 - 03:43 PM

Site Owner

Photo Album

Some tips that you might be receiving in the Private Messages (PM) here will be along the lines of software and hardware recommendations.

As of today, I recommend that everyone should be running the latest version of Mac OS X "Tiger", 10.4 series. Almost all G3 iMacs and iBooks and above, can run the latest version of Tiger if the computer has enough memory. I do realize a new OS X is in the works but it seems to be delayed. If you aren't already running Tiger, you may want to wait a little longer as a newer version may be out some time this year.

I also recommend that everyone have a minimum of 512 MB of ram (memory) with 1 Gig of ram highly preferred.

I just updated the memory in several of my Macs to 1 Gig and it does help a little in overall speed and performance.

Now, let's keep those Macs Up-To-Date..... :-)

Edited by Joe Kriz on 02/27/06 - 11:05 AM
Joe Kriz

Joe Kriz
#5 Print Post
Posted on 04/02/06 - 03:29 PM

Site Owner

Photo Album

There have been many people that have signed up for the Apple Discussion Group.

To make sure that I have signed you up, click on 'Members List' under your name on the right sidebar and then find your name in the list. Click on your name.
At the bottom of this window, it should say 'User Groups' / 'Apple User'.

If it does not say Apple User under the group, then you have not been added to this group.
If I missed adding anyone, please let me know.

From time to time I will be sending out small notices of changes that you may be interested in about using your Apple Computer, new software, hardware, etc....

At this time the Apple Forum is only viewable to Members. I may change that later to make it viewable only to the people that signed up for the Apple User Group.

Edited by Joe Kriz on 04/05/06 - 10:01 AM
Joe Kriz

Joe Kriz
#6 Print Post
Posted on 04/19/06 - 07:02 PM

Site Owner

Photo Album

I have now shut off the Apple Group Forums to the people that haven't signed up.
Only the people that have signed up for the Apple Group will be able to see the Apple Discussion Forums...

I am doing this for a couple of reasons.

1. For the people that aren't interested in Mac discussions, they won't have to see them in the forum section. Less clutter this way for them.

2. I am not interested in giving away all this information that I research to anyone that doesn't want it and so I am only going to have the people that sign up for the Apple Group to get the benefit of my recommendations, Apple news, etc.....

For you Apple users, check out the new post in the Apple Discussion Forum. This might be pertinent to you.

You would not be able to view this thread if you were not signed up for the Apple Group.
So, for the people that can view this, I hope you enjoy our private Apple Discussion Group.

Please post any questions or comments concerning Apple Computers in the Apple Discussion Group section.

Thanks

Edited by Joe Kriz on 04/19/06 - 07:09 PM
Joe Kriz

Jump to Forum:
Today's Date & Time
May 19, 2024 - 9:01 PM
Random Photo
Snow around S.V. Airport
John and Mary Cressey

Users Online
Welcome
Tucker
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 1
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 323
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Render time: 0.08 seconds Copyright JoeKriz.com © 1996-2024 1,435,376 unique visits